Sunday, February 28, 2016

ALTERED BOOK in CHANTILLY CREAM

Hello all, 
Thank You for visiting my blog 
 
Today I'm  sharing with you an altered book I created using
This paper is so elegant & lends itself to a variety of different styles

My book was made by tearing out some of pages from a reading book
(‘Good Wives’) 
& gluing pages together to get the thickness I desired.
When dry I sprayed pages & covers with white gesso.
I cut a hole to make a  frame into one set of glued pages (x 3 times)
Sorry forgot to take a photo... oops 

Gathering fabric, muslin, various laces, ribbons, inks, paper & other bits & pieces
the fun began... 

COVERS
Front & back covers were painted with cream paint over white gesso 
& muslin was adhered 
 FRONT COVER
 
Front cover has Chantilly lace glued onto muslin with 
another piece of torn muslin over

Chipboard arched gate & vines was sprayed with gesso, adding glue & sprinkling with glitter, cream ribbon to tie was adhered behind gateway,

Metal butterfly was covered with gold paint & rubbed to shine
and  velvet flowers added
 glue inside fly sheet to cover muslin overlap from the cover
I left these blank so I can write a greeting or sentiment on when I gift it on. 
PAGE 1
  Inked edges in combination of gold& khaki ink
Tore calico to cover page, added all papers, trims, gold glitter, flower & gold twisted thread.
PAGE 2 

Covered frame in crumpled tissue, spread crackle paste when dry rubbed with gold metallic to highlight crackle. Ink edges.
On page behind added paper & muslin,
Glued pages together added photo into frame, trimmed with laces, ribbons, brads flowers & twisted gold thread.
PAGE 3
Covered page in embroidered organza,
Add papers, ephemera, pearl trim,metal flower, dodo vine& velvet flower
Gold glitter on edge of printed page to finish
PAGE 4
Cover around frame with calico, glue paper to page behind centering the frame
Glue these pages together,
PAGE 5
 
 Covered page in Chantilly lace fussy cut butterfly & small roses, added metal flower, pearl brad, velvet flower & pearl trim 
PAGE 6

Calico frame trimmed with fussy cut ephemera lace metal trim & velvet flower with seam binding ..
glue pages to back cover
Ta da .. all done
I loved playing with these pretties & using various laces I've had for many years
the Chantilly lace was from a wedding gown my mother made & I dyed the lace
$ 200.00 in the days nearly 40 years ago (a fortune) 
the embroidered organza was a trimming on a dress I bought from a charity shop 
and made my daughter a dress from also nearly 40 years ago
I know I'm a hoarder... LOL !!!   

Make yourselves a cuppa & visit 
Megs Garden blog to check out the amazing work created by the Garden Team
& also the website  to find gorgeous stuff for your stash 

Happy Scrapping my friends 
Hugz Annette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment